Friday, September 25, 2009

Phoenix Taxi

My mother-in-law, Ireane, stopped in to visit me at the hospital. She gave me a beautiful angel. While she and Mark were here, my mom stopped by and Mark told her about his latest idea.

Mark owns Phoenix Taxi, which serves Anoka County here in Minnesota. His cabs are blue with a red phoenix on the the front doors- rising from the ashes (of a previous cab company actually). Mark's personal cab has fake bullet holes on it and the words 'Party like a Rockstar- we'll drive you home' on each side. Now, Mark has decided that he is going to have one of the cabs painted pink in my honor. He was trying to figure out some fun slogans for it. Since it is a cab and not a schoolbus, for example, the slogans can be a bit more risque.

"How about owls?" Mark grinned, "For hooters, you know."

"I don't know," my mom started giggling, which is both fuel and encouragement, "could be offensive to some people."

"Not my clients."

"How about," my mom started, " 'For all the mothers, daughters, sisters-"

Mark cut her off, "How about 'Save Second Base'?"

Mark, my mom and I laughed, but Ireane sat quietly.

Mark turned to his mother, "What do you think?"

"I don't know." She said, "I don't get it."

"You don't know what second base is?" Mark said.

"No," she said, "It must be funny, but I don't get it."

"Mom," Mark said, "You are such a good Catholic girl, but you had 3 kids. You know what second base is."

Then- you guessed it- Mark explained 'baseball' to his mother running through all the bases to the home run. I will spare you. If only I could have spared my mother.



                           Phoenix Taxi's Breast Cancer Cab

3 comments:

  1. Nice and interesting story described in the blog. I've enjoyed a lot. Our taxi services Metro airport cabs offering discounted rates to senior citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all congrats buddy for little angel and secondly fake cabs and drivers making fool w have to work on it and try to book certified and authorized taxi cab service by searching in google as i recommend one of the best and reliable Detroit airport taxi service rates are best and services are comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel happy about little angel. Congrats for little angel. Whenever you visit to Michigan, hire our luxury vehicles for transportation. Detroit airport taxi rates are mentioned on website and you can very easily calculate the fare according to your journey.

    ReplyDelete