Wednesday, October 30, 2013

PET/ CT scans and Stress Test

I woke up early this morning and went for my PET scan and a CT scan.  I had a couple hours until my stress test, so I stopped at my parent's house.  My sister, Ashley, had just flown in the night before for our Grandma Joyce's Funeral.  Ashley and her fiance, John, are expecting their first baby in March.  I was excited to see my sister and her growing baby! 

I was having shortness of breath this summer occasionally when I did yard work and Mark mentioned that to Dr. Laudi at my last visit, so he ordered a stress test. 

He asked, "Do you run?" 

I said, "Not unless I have to."

I had dug out my "running shoes."  I showed Ashley and our Mom what I think was old chicken poop- from our visit to Ashley's farm sanctuary in May- still stuck in the tread and grooves on the bottom of my shoes.  We giggled at the thought of me running for 10 minutes on a treadmill.  They offered to come along, so I could pretend to chase them.

Little did I know I would have to run for closer to 15 minutes... without a bra! 

Dr. Laudi called this evening to say the L4 tumor appeared brighter than it did on my last scan just 8 weeks ago.  There were also 3 small spots that weren't on the previous scan.  Was this cancer?  Maybe artifacts?  Dr. Laudi ordered labs to draw tumor markers and an MRI to check.  I had these done this evening.  Now, to wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment