Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Palbociclib (who thinks up these drug names?)

Palbociclib is an experimental drug- a pill- taken once a day for 21 days followed by 7 days off. It can be taken any time of the day and it's taken with food. I started on it on 2/16 with no side effects so far. I am having a few aches and pains, so Dr Laudi increased my Fentanyl patch from 35 mcg to 50 mcg to see if that would cover my pain better.


Instructions.
Glad I can read.
Thank you Elementary School Teachers!
(Those pictures are doing nothing for me.)
 
Palbociclib pill.
 

Sadly, Mark's mom is in the hospital and not doing well. Today, we were headed down to the hospital to see her when Mark started to have chest pain, his left arm felt heavy and he was nauseous. I told him to pull over so I could drive to Abbott, the hospital closest to us. He refused to get out of the driver's seat, so he drove himself to the hospital with me riding shotgun. The EKG and CT showed nothing, but they wanted to keep him overnight and do a repeat CT in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment