Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Up North

Today, we put Round 3 of chemo on hold due to my stomach pain and diarrhea.  I felt like a kid with a snow day!  So, we took advantage of this unplanned time off and packed our bags and headed North. 

We drove up I35 to Duluth for Malts at Grandma's Restaurant and then on to Bayfield, WI.  We stayed the night, walked along the shore looking for interesting rocks.  We watched the sunset from a beach of Lake Superior.



We stayed in a haunted hotel.  We took the girls swimming before bedtime.  The next morning, we woke up early to catch a tour of the Apostle Islands. We drove back to Duluth and stopped to ride the Timber  Twister, then home again, home again jiggity jig...

The SS William A. Irwin and My Monkeys



One of these sailboats caught our eyes.




My parents may have named me after this sailboat.



Sarah Joy with Sarah's Joy



Daddy's girls: Natalie, Larissa and Olivia.



Pictures from the boat.







Olivia and Natalie



Larissa




Treasure Hunting on the Beach





Treasures Found





Beautiful Day










 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I didn't even notice the picture with your "name" on it! So cool! You should put that on your FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant the picture of your name on the boat...typos.

    ReplyDelete