Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 2014

Nearly 5 years ago, Dr. Laudi told me the statistics and my chances of living for 5 years with Stage IV breast cancer.  Well, I am still here!!!

I live with a cancer.... however, I feel stuck. I love my Oncologist, but I feel his focus is on comfort, on having hair, on managing pain.  I feel he has accepted that he is trying to stay a step ahead of the game, but I feel he has never set out to "cure it". I don't want to simply manage pain. I hate that pain is a telltale sign that a new tumor is growing. I want this cancer gone! I want a lifetime...

I am on my 7th drug/chemo in five years. I am told there are not many more drugs/chemos I can take. I want a CURE! I have been talking to many people and maybe I am coming to the end of the road with my doctor and my clinic. I think it's time to get another opinion, seek a fresh perspective. I am not done living!

Joy and Happiness are choices that come from the inside out. Sharing my joy and happiness with you:

No comments:

Post a Comment