Monday, November 24, 2014

Flying again

Mark's job is flexible, but the cost to go to Chicago as a family is about $400 to drive. For me to fly it's about $100 plus a little spending money. I planned to make this trip alone, but then my dad called and said he would like to come along. My dad is a smoker. In the past, he has had a lot of anxiety about flying. Once, a few years ago, I remember him visiting my sister, Ashley, in California and dawdling on his way to the Sacramento airport. He got to the airport and realized he had missed his flight home. He ended up staying an extra week in Cali. 

I thanked my dad for his offer, but told him I was fine to go alone. He assured me he wanted to go with me. He said I didn't have to go alone. He said he was working on his fear and he wasn't afraid to fly. Mark searched and found a ticket for my dad. He also paid the extra fee so we could sit next to one another on the plane.


Here we go...or not
(first, they had to de-ice the plane)
We took the blue line to the green line to the end. We walked through the snow to the Hospital. I got my blood pressure checked. I peed in a cup. A quick talk with the doctor and we were on our way.


My pee and Me
My dad has never been to Chicago, so I took him to Giordano's for a pizza lunch.


Yummy


Then, I took him to see the bean.

Me and Dad reflecting




Our next stop was The Field Museum.
Sue

Would have been fun to spend the night 
in the museum!






We took the bus to Ghirardelli for a malt.

(Sorry, no pic. Just look at my malt from my last visit and multiply by two!)


Then, it was time to go back to train to the airport to home.


Our flight was delayed by an hour, but we didn't care!
It was a great little trip with my dad!
Thank you, Dad, for coming with me!







1 comment:

  1. Aw, I'm so glad your Dad went with you! Looks like you guys had a great time--and that pizza made my mouth water! It's a real act of love when someone gets over their fear just to spend time with you.

    ReplyDelete