Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Out of the Blue

We received a phone call from the Mayo Clinic today to see if we wanted to be put on a short waiting list for a new clinical trail. Of course, we said YES! He told us to continue with the plan for radiation and he would call us in the next week or so with further information.

Later this afternoon, the University of Chicago called to say that the clinical trial that Dr. Laudi had inquired about was now open. They wanted us to come to their hospital the following Monday to get baseline numbers. I would have labs, an echocardiogram, an EKG and a CT of my brain (always reassuring to see it's still there!).

From NO new options to TWO!!!

Note: A week later we received a call from the Mayo reporting that their trial was full.

No comments:

Post a Comment